- Project tools
- How do I...
|Over 500 more tools...
If you were registered and logged in, you could join this project.
mayab: An implementation of the Object Oriented Development Process (OODP)
The project inteds to provide a free
implementation of the Object Oriented Development Process (OODP) as
defined in the book of the same name by Tom
Rowlett. This software process provides, in our opinion, a great
down to earth light weight implementation of a software process for
real life software development.
The application automates the software process as much as it is possible
to be automated by a software application. The initial phase will
focus on the use cases which consititute the kick-off and probably
the single most useful activity in the software development process.
Volunteers are encourge to contribute in other areas as well. Utlimately,
we are persuing a cohesive implementation of the whole development
- Provide a way to manage the set of use cases for a given system
- Have the ability to continue the initial use case signatures into
use case analysis
- There might be disconnection between the process and the specific
tools that carry out more detailed analysis of the system, e.g.
creation and maintainance of class diagrams in argo uml or other
- Reuse existing software for filling the missing parts. For example
use scarab for bug tracking.
- More to come...
- We use the Java (tm) programming language
- We use all open source (we prefer free) technologies, contributions
are welcome to provide bridges to propertary tools
- We use the webwork
- We use mainly the velocity
template engine piece of webwork
- We use the xdoclet
for automatically generating required interfaces and deployment
- We use jboss application server
- We use ant to glue
and automate our tasks
- We use junit for unit testing,
cactus for integration
testing, and httpunit
for system testing
- We intend to offer internationalization facilities.